If you are facing an issue with sending and receiving email messages. The steps below will help resolve the issue.
Problem with sending message
If you are unable to send new email messages, please follow the steps below to solve the problem.
- Ensure your internet connection is stable and working. You can test this by visting another website and see if you are able to connect.
- Ensure you are sending the email message to a proper email address. Note that a proper email address is required before attempting to send an email message.
- A proper email address has the following format
- If you have confirmed that the email address you are sending the email to is correct but still facing issues sending the email message, check for the Mail delivery response in your inbox. It will explain in detail why your email message was rejected or failed to deliver to the recipient.
- 4.x.x means a temporary problem occured and the server will retry sending the email message later on.
- 5.x.x means there was a permanent/fatal error. This can be caused by either being blacklisted by the recipient's mail server or your email message containing an attachment that is not allowed by the recipient mail server.
Problem with receiving mail
If you are having a problem with receiving new email messages. Follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Ensure your internet connection is stable and working properly. You can test this by visting another website and see if you are able to connect.
- Ensure your hosting account subscription is active and not in arrears.
- Try sending a message to your secondary email address and reply to it to see if you will receive the email reply on your primary email address.
- In the worst case scenario, it could be that your email address has been suspended. However if this is the case, you will receive an email notification on the email address you registered with for the hosting service detailing the reasons for suspension.